About Laura Dion-Jones
Laura is a Pro-health activist, TV & Radio Talk Show Host, Certified Corporate Wellness Coach (CCWC), Certified Wellness Coach (CWC), Motivational and Lifestyle Writer, Speaker and Author of: Commit To Get Fit: Find the Secret to Your Own True and Everlasting Weight Loss. In addition, she is also highly regarded as a motivational and weight loss coach, a lifestyle and fashion consultant and designer, and make over expert.
Laura brings her extensive expertise, street-smart sensibility, and vast experience in fitness, fashion, and beauty to her writing and coaching careers. This background has helped her become one of the country’s top experts and motivational coaches in the fields of weight loss, fitness walking, developing discipline, maximizing human potential, overcoming adversity, improving personal appearance and increasing self-esteem.
The Laura Dion-Jones Commit To Get Fit Foundation is a 501(c) (3) NFP tax exempt charitable foundation that helps further Laura’s mission to combat our country’s escalating obesity epidemic.
Laura’s mission, talks and speeches, her book and passion are to help put an end to our country’s obesity epidemic by changing the way people think about health and fitness, and redefining healthy eating by showing them they have choices, alternatives they might have never thought of before, and by building healthier communities through improving the health and fitness of individuals, thereby improving their lives.
Commit To Get Fit provides accountability-based fitness programs and motivational seminars with a variety of approaches tailored to the needs of individuals, corporations and organizations for healthy weight loss and improved personal performance.
Media, Press, and Awards
● Featured on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” November 1996.
● The Canyon Ranch – Health Magazine’s 2015 Inspiration Award winner.
● One of People Magazine and Dove’s “World’s Most Beautiful” issue,
Dove Pro-Age’s “50 Most Beautiful Women Over 50.”
● One of the country’s first, top Plus-Size designers and models from 1980-1998.
● Awarded “Special Sizes Designer of the Year” Award 1995.
● “Tommy” Award for Fabric Design – November 1995.
● 2010 Volunteer of the Year awardee for the Prairie Valley –
● Elgin Image Award nominee 2010 and 2011.
● 2011 and 2012 YWCA Leader Luncheon Nominee for the Marguerite Henry Award for Communications/Technology demonstrating qualities and leadership dedicated to excellence.